So it seems I just skipped a few days in blogging. Of course all this is very mood dependent for me, so if I'm sleepy or just don't care enough, I simply won't write for some time... I hope that's okay :)
Actually I did not do anything worth the Internet it'd be printed on on Monday, and Tuesday evening we celebrated the birthday of one of the new guys who started work here the same time I did. It started with a surprise champagne, but eventually led to a few beers and a very tired sleep at the end.
At work, today, I finally managed to finish the first of my tasks, but the biggest part is still ahead of me. The one problem with this actual task is that it's so simple and repetitive, that it should have been automated years ago, and thus I progress very slowly with it... There's no real challenge in it, and basically for any question I ask about why stuff is written like it is, the answer of my "mentor" is that he does not know and I should only copy and paste because if it worked before then the same should work for me now. Well it probably will, but I would rather know what I'm doing, too, not only that it's most probably correct. Especially when the set of examples I have at my disposal to steal from is quite controversial, and I don't see which solution is the better working one. Anyhow, I hope to finish this soon, so I can get to some more interesting stuff :)
This week I also had the halogen light bulb in my table lamp replaced (so no more falling over the chair at night :) ), and bought coins for the washing and drying machines in the basement. Of course I had to buy wash powder and fabric softener, too, so I now have stuff enough to wash for a family for a few months. I did ask, if there was a possibility to buy just small amount maybe from a vending machine or something, but I got the answer that I should be happy that I even have the possibility to wash my stuff here. How nice. Well I'll check out tomorrow how these things work, I hope the German instructions are easy to decipher.
Today I went back to the tea-shop to buy some Ceylon tea, but now it wasn't the kind lady from last week who served me, and this one was not so helpful... Of course it's not her fault that I messed up with the first tea I made from these new leaves, but still, she could have told me these were a bit different :) And I should have taken the leaves out of the water on time, too... Maybe tomorrow :)
Of course a good tea would have made my dinner today just picture perfect, I had salami with some white bread (I've only had the brown seedy stuff, Vollkornbrot, until now), some bell peppers, cheese and boiled eggs. It was delicious, no matter how simple it sounds. Soon I'll have to start thinking what to eat on the weekend, it should be a bit more than this usual weekday dinner.
I'm a probably too tired to make this entry a lot more interesting, so I'll just finish for now, and only add new things when something actually happens :)
Bye bye,
M.
PS I actually had to refuse candies from a stranger yesterday in the shop :) Though probably accepting them from 20-something girls would have been okay, no matter what ;)
1 megjegyzés:
Over here, we tell our children not to accept candy from strangers *L*
Megjegyzés küldése