péntek, október 13, 2006

Wrapping up another week

My washing worked quite well yesterday! :) I even managed to set the drier properly so it did not cook my clothes :) But hey, there's a first time for everything... And now I know why people from the States miss driers so much in Hungary, it's very convenient. Oh, and my choice of liquid detergent and fabric softener (as in "cheapest of each") was quite good, my stuff does not smell weird at all :)
There was not much more happening yesterday either, the evening was again just chilling out with colleagues. Which is quite different from my previous workplace, I don't think I hung out with people there in 2 years as much as I did here in 2 weeks. Of course, here everyone is without the usual friends. Maybe that's why the German colleagues don't invite or join us for anything, as they have better thing to do with people they get to choose :) Which also leads to me spending another weekend on my own, since Hungarian people went back home again, but I think I can handle that much :)
I think it's time to mention the place where I usually have lunch here. Not that I had tested so many places, there was one Italian restaurant, which is more or less okay, but having pasta each day would suck :) And it's not so special anyhow. The other place, which I like a lot, is a small almost-restaurant called Opern Schlemmereien. "Schlemmerei" translates to "gluttony" or "gormandizing", so basically it's to eat a lot of good stuff :) So the name more or less means "Tasty stuff next to the Opera" :) The place is operated by a family as far as I can tell, and they have a different menu each day - 2 kinds of main dishes and a selection of soups and there's always Käsespätzle. I usually take one of the 2 main dishes, which is some meat, potato or rice or pasta and a quite rich salad, maybe even some sauce with it. And there's free dessert with each main dish :) A chocolate bar or some kind of tasty yoghurt, usually. And it's only 4€, which is quite cheap compared to other places. For example, a sandwich can easily cost 2-3€ on it's own at a cafe and a Burger King menu is somewhere between 4 and 5€. I think I've become a regular at this place :) But I'm not sure what will happen if it gets colder, since this place is more or less open, the only part "inside" is the kitchen. I hope they come up with something soon :)
Oh yeah, and one thing which is just a little detail, but a very important detail, regarding all the shops I've visited (also the restaurant place). They always say goodbye properly, and usually wish a pleasant weekend or a nice evening. It's only one second of effort for them, but you leave with a smile.
Well, today I finish another week of work, which also included some stressy moments due to some mistakes on my side. I hope it will get better. I should be able to finish the "boring" part till next Wednesday or so. If I don't spend this much time blogging, that is :) We'll see :) For now, I'm out of thoughts anyways :)

So, I wish you all a nice and relaxing weekend! :)
Mark

3 megjegyzés:

Névtelen írta...

Have a great weekend!
Be careful to not shrink anything in the wash :) If you throw clothes right into the dryer (especially cotton) when they're wet, they will shrink!

Mark írta...

Well Rosie I did just that, and there were no problems. Maybe they'd only shrink at a higher temperature?

Névtelen írta...

Yes, hot = shrinkage :)