szombat, október 14, 2006

A day in the life

Wow, today started quite slowly :) It was at around 10am, when I managed to get my sorry behind down to the bakery to get my breakfast. The honey I bought yesterday was quite an addition to the morning delights, I think I'm in love with these fresh out of oven bread rolls :) (Though I'm sure not with the mustached Turkish baker... :) ) And after I finished the morning ceremony, it took me more than an hour to decide what to do today. I considered a whole lot of things, but in the end the geeky engineer hidden (not too deep) in me lead me to the German Museum of Technology. And, I must say, this was a good decision, and four and a half well spent Euros. I was there all afternoon :) Of course, this one cannot reach the perfection of it's counterpart in Munich/München, but still, having the chance to look at all these old TV sets, a reproduction of Kondrad Zuse's first computer, airplanes cut in half, century-old locomotives...well it's an experience :) Describing what I saw in more detail would be quite in vain, since more or less everyone knows how these things look like, but I'll attach a few pictures about them. You should all come and check it out for yourself ;)

The best part of the afternoon was that my ticket was also valid for Spectrum, the museum of experiments next to the technology museum. This is very similar to the “Csodák palotája”, so I guess you Hungarians have at least an idea about what it would be :) For all others, this is basically a place where the experiments of science classes can be reproduced by you yourself, even such exotic things as high voltage demos or radioactivity measurements. Of course everything is displayed in such a way that even 10-year olds can and will enjoy. Hell, even I did, and I'm just a kid myself :) The only bad part was that I did not even have the time to visit all the floors :( I think the last part was about acoustics, but at least I saw electricity, mechanics and a lot about optics. Maybe it'd be worthwhile to go back again once, but for now this much should be enough :)

BTW, one problem I have with all this sightseeing that I don't seem to find the best things to make a photo of... I get home after a very good sightseeing day, and I have almost no good photos to look at :( I'm kinda disappointed with this, but well, I still have time here to make a lot more pictures, and maybe in the end I'll feel more satisfied about all this :)

In the evening I got home very hungry, and luckily I cooked something very satisfying this time :) Nothing too special, so I'll even keep it a secret :) But I'll add the leftovers to tomorrow's dinner for sure, and I assure you, that'll be a meal you'd be jealous of, no matter how gross it sounds :D

Well, that's it for now... I wonder what I'll do tomorrow :)

M.

PS. I'll have something on the nightlife in Berlin and about my trip on Sunday...when it's written :) And I'll add the pics when I'm not publishing sitting on the street (backdating, as always) :)

Nincsenek megjegyzések: