So anyhow, after getting the task I left the offices for some sightseeing :) I decided visiting the Charlottenburg castle would be a good idea, since it's quite near our offices, and I didn't think I could do a lot more walking before it got dark. I was only half way to the castle, when it started to rain... That's not really a problem, as I like it a lot more to take photos in rainy water than in very bright sunshine, but it's quite difficult to hold the camera straight while balancing the umbrella with one of my hands :) I'm glad no-one took a photo of me while I was juggling with my things :)
I was there at the castle just on time, as the guard closed the gate right after I left, but I managed to make photos of this mounted statue and the mounted statue-shaped hole next to it :) A bit to my surprise I found there was also a castle park – I didn't do much reading beforehand on what I'd find here :) The park was quite nice, though the flowers were a bit neglected, maybe because it's autumn already. I wanted to cross the whole park, but it was already turning dark and I was not sure if I would be able to cross the river Spree at the other end of the park to get to the U-Bahn station. So I just made a small circle, and walked to the station on a shorter route.
Thursday evening is not the busiest time in Berlin, that's for sure. Even though I met some colleagues on the U-Bahn on the way home. Small city, eh? :)The evening looked the same as the one before – dinner, a beer and Prison Break :) I really should spend some time outside in the city at night...maybe on Saturday. It's not easy to get started for a night out if you don't know anyone. But more about this in tomorrow's entry :) I don't want to spoil you with all this information :D
Over and out,
M.
Nincsenek megjegyzések:
Megjegyzés küldése