szerda, október 25, 2006

Back in Berlin

Well, on Friday I had my first trip back to Hungary. Things went quite well at the airport, though it was quite unnecessary for me to be there so early, as I only got my boarding pass 10 minutes after the checkin desk was supposed to close. Of course this is because I had a so called standby ticket, which means that I can only travel if there is an unsold place on the plane or somebody cancels in the last second. Some colleagues were less lucky than I was this Friday, and had to sleep in Frankfurt in some 4* hotel :) That could be considered luck though, too, as the company pays for these nights spent in hotels :)
The weekend at home was nice, it was good not having to do everything for myself again :) But it's also good to be back. The trip back here also went good, tha landing in Berlin was a bit shaky because of the strong wind, but I liked that too :) And with this trip behind me, I can say from experience that it's better to travel on bigger planes. I was expecting a bit more form the 50 and 80 person planes I was flying to and from Budapest, I mean I kinda thought I'd be able to feel what's happening with the plane a bit more. Au contraire! It was only uncomfortable. Not only the plane is smaller, the seats are too :)
I also started my new assignment today, which should be a bit more exciting compared to the previous one. The guy who is supposed to be instructing me has no idea why and how stuff works. Ain't that fun. So I will have to do a lot of figuring out in this task too, and I hope that will make it a bit more interesting. We'll see.
This evening I'm planning to buy another dose of tea, and I tried to look for something that would suit my taste online. That is not an easy thing to do. I mean I have no idea how stuff that tasted good for the reviewer, having a taste resembling this and that and a partridge in a pear tree would taste for me... So I will have to just go by the shopkeeper lady's taste, and maybe this time she'll give some better advice. Tea-shopping reloaded.
Oh, and one of my colleagues got sent back to Budapest apparently. There seem to be no more assignments for him that would need him to stay here in Berlin. And that only after one month :| I hope I can stay a lot longer... This was quite a surprise for him too.
And I also broke my keychain today. The door here in the offices is just too heavy, and when I unlocked it and tried to pull it open holding on to the keychain, one aluminum part just broke. I will have to ask for a new one, as this would be my badge holder if I would have to wear a badge like in Hungary.

Well, no more adventures for now...my barbecue sauced dinner awaits!
M.

Ps. I also changed the template for the blog... The plain white background just did not cut it for me any more :) Feel free to tell me if you like it better or not. I'm not really ready to make my own template, so one of the defaults has to be good enough.

2 megjegyzés:

Névtelen írta...

It is my personal opinion that you need a banner image at the top. take a favorite photograph, crop it to an interesting part, and stick it in. It's oh-so-2004-ish to do that :D

Névtelen írta...

This is a new template??! I guess i did not notice. But I like it!