péntek, november 24, 2006

Leaving work ain't easy...

...at least it seems so since I spent here a lot more time this week than I usually do. I managed to correct the mistakes that this other guy made, and then some. All this code I'm looking at makes me want to scream, it's ugly and hides errors well. The least I can say that it's not the style I would work :) So I do my best to get the most out of it, without breaking anything or changing too much stuff I'm probably not supposed to touch. Next week, of course :)
Weekend will be fun. I hope. New colleagues are going to stay here, one of them is the silent guy from our office, the other is someone who looks more like friends material. This second guy is going to have his girl from Hungary over here for a month beginning this weekend, and I he asked me to show them around a bit. Hope it's going to be okay, or even better. Maybe the girl can make a better dinner than I usually do in exchange :) We'll see.
One other thing I've done this week was eating some exotic fruit :) Tuna, to be precise, which is the fruit of one kind of cactus. I carefully checked on the Internet in advance how one should eat it, but it's easy, you just have to be careful of the small hidden thorns. You have to cut it in half and then you can eat the flesh of it, including the small blackish seeds. It's not a bad taste, but nothing too good either. Maybe I will try something else next time. Maybe not. This stuff's not cheap here either.
Well, that about wraps up my adventures this week. Who knows what the future brings? :)

Bye
M.

2 megjegyzés:

Névtelen írta...

Tuna is a kind of fish here :) I've never eaten cactus before but I wanted to when I was at a Mexican restaurant. Unfortunately, cactus does not come around as easily as it used to!

Mark írta...

Of course tuna is a fish, too, but the name applies to both. Tuna for the fruit is also in English, mind you. :)