This week was just another one in the row :)
I finally finished my last work package, which included solving a lot of crazy problems, but I get more and more confident in my work. One reason for this is that by bumping into these problems I also have to check a lot of code to see how and why stuff does not work. But now most of the problems are gone, and I can start my next activity - we'll see how that goes.
Right now I seem to have another guy assigned to me, and he's a lot better than the one before. First of all, he can speak proper English. Second, he knows I speak German, so he tries to communicate in German with me. Those to combine in us switching between the two languages without hassle, which makes it very easy (for me) to practise my German and be productive at the same time. This is a very good change. This guy is also better professionally, so I can learn new small tricks while working with him.
Apart from work, I did not do much during the week. I've watched a few new episodes of the series "Heroes" and the 2nd season of "Prison Break", and spent basically all evenings with my colleagues. This of course led to me not getting enough sleep again :) So tese guys are a good gang, all in all, we usually have lunch together too. This week it was basically in a different restaurant each day, I've had chili one day, some German food the other day, I've even been to this good Thai restaurant. I will want to go to one of the Italian places too, but the others are hard to convince in this regard. We'll see. I will also have to figure out what to cook during the weekend...
The new guy in our office room (I mentioned him before) does not really fit in the group of colleagues, but well, his bad. He does not seem to be wanting to interact with us. We are not at all negative with him (even though he makes our office room crowded :) ), we do help and give hints on how life works here. But if he does not open up more, he will make his own time more bitter here... We'll see how that goes, probably I shouldn't be the person criticising someone else being closed like this :)
I don't have any plans for the weekend yet, but I might visit the "East Side Gallery", if it does not rain. That's the longest remaining portion of the Berlin Wall, and it's a graffiti art exhibition currently. The U-Bahn Museum is also open all weekend, that also sounds like something to do. I'll definitely report on all this :)
Good bye,
M.
1 megjegyzés:
I am addicted to Prison Break! Josh and I are up through episode 11 of season 2, and hopefully we'll be able to see #12 as soon as it makes it out onto the internet after airing in the US tomorrow.
~Katie
Megjegyzés küldése