Monday, Tuesday, nothing really happened. Monday I got here without problems, Tuesday we shared a bit of pálinka with the German colleagues, that's it. They are a nice bunch, as it turned out, and luckily my Hungarian colleague, who got to have his desk in a room with Germans does a good job in getting acquainted with them. Which is also good for me.
But the event of the week so far was something completely different; yesterday evening's Neal Morse concert. This guy has a very strange background: he was the frontman of one of the best modern progressive rock groups, Spock's Beard, but then he became a "born again" Christian, and released a few solo albums afterwards. Some of his work is worship music, which I'm neither familiar, nor comfortable with, but he released 3 top notch rock albums too (and the 4th one comes end of this month...). So all in all, he makes great rock music, and for some reason he has a soft spot for Germany, so he has a few gigs here each year. Like now. But. These are not "average" rock gigs, but he does solo acoustic shows in churches. So yesterday evening I voluntarily went to church, to see the man live for the first time :) Well. The music he plays is awesome, even though he plays alone on a single guitar or keyboard. And we were like 30 people in the audience. I did not use the chance for a meet-and-greet (but there are 3 more gigs here this week, all free entry, so... :) ), but he was there conversing with people in the crowd and such. The music part was really great, but I did not like the worship part at all. I'm really not familiar with all this, and it just seems like a show to me - even though Neal probably meant all the prayers and teaching just the way he said them. I can easily relate to the merry tone in his religiously themed lyrics, but I am definitely not experiencing the same stuff he does when he performs them.
So, all in all, it was a strange evening, but worth my time. The only problem I had was with the heating, or rather the lack of it, in the church. It was effin freezing by the end of the show...I hope the other churches he performs in are warmer :) I guess I'll skip tonight's show, but I'll be there on the last one on Saturday, that's certain. Friday, I'm not sure yet.
Well, that's all...be well, and eat your veggies!
M.
Nincsenek megjegyzések:
Megjegyzés küldése