péntek, június 08, 2012

Thirsty Thursday


The good thing about Thursdays and visits to other offices is that they tend to go out for drinks with the visitors. On this lucky week, they even took us out for lunch to a burger place on Hells Kitchen, or 9th Ave if you so prefer. It was a smallish place, so our team just filled it up completely, but still they managed to bring us our burgers at a good place. The food was quite good, I had a bbq burger with some of the best double-fried chips outside of Belgium :) I also tried a root beer with it, which certainly is an acquired taste, but it's not that bad :) One of the guys was wolfing down his food at such an amazing pace and with such enthusiasm, we could only laugh - especially in the ended where he put the dot on the i by pulling down a big chocolate shake with considerable difficulties. Not fine dining, but definitely fun dining, in such childish company :)
After a day riddelod with meetings in the evening we went out for a couple of pints to the Mean Fiddler, an Irish-themed place. BTW, a US pint is a bit less than a the usual Hungarian 0.5l, as opposed to the UK pint, which is a bit more than that - anyhow, a pint is a pint! I got my taste of some Samuel Adams lager, quite good, and also some Smithwicks, which is a beer by the Guinness brewery - not as good as their main show. While we were there, one of the many TV screens in the bar showed a programme about Hungarian football, mostly about Puskas and the Puskas Academy of present day. I was surprised, but the colleagues didn't really believe when I explained why I just stopped listening to them for a moment :) OK, possible not the most interesting thing ever, but quite a coincidence. After a while the place started crowding up with people playing beer pong and waiting for the karaoke night, so some of us decided to leave for another place. This turned out to be a somewhat fancy wine place, where we had a California Cabernet Sauvignon with a special selection of Swiss, Italian and French cheeses. All this stuff had the taste and the place even after numbing our palate with those beers before, so all in all it was a good evening. Well, if you don't count the walk back home, I mis-estimated the distance so I had a nice, sobering stroll on the streets of midnight New York.

Did I ever wake up and did I have a hangover? More about that soon! :D

M

Nincsenek megjegyzések: