szerda, június 06, 2012

Psychadelikatessen


Freshly up in the right timezone the hunt for breakfast began. I coulnd't care less about the pricy hotel breakfast, so after the usual quick morning rituals I headed out via Park Avenue for a change. That's apparently one of the poshier parts of the city, as I could have bought more Louis Vuitton bags and Ferraris than bagels. Which, in the end, I did not buy (neither one), but went for a bacon and egg sandwich, choosing from a selection of bacon and egg sandwiches in a barely open Pret a Manger. The day went well, including the lunch at Toasties (House Special, hot Pastrami with cheddar and coleslaw in a "Hero" bread) and the following biiig presentation. I held this for the whole NY team some 20 people, so I guess only 2 falling asleep should be kinda OK :) One of the sleepers is a guy remarkably reminiscent of Hugh Laurie, minus the walking stick and the demeanor, which is kinda funny. The only other plan for the day was the evening lunch with Hungarian colleagues out here in the city, which was started in a bit undecided manner - where should we go? We had an attempt on "The healthiest food on Earth" served in a Mexican restaurant, but they have a no alcohol policy so we skipped, and ended up at a hummus place, which served beer for our pleasure in addition to the "amazing fish" (their words - it was actually 6/10). It turned out that one of the guys in the group came at the same time, on the same planes as I did... Which came as a lesser surprise than realizing that the girl behind me at the immigration queue was indeed one London colleague, who incidentally got the desk next to me in the office. So kids, if you see someone you think you know from somewhere, you probably do :)
The dinner ended not too late, so we walked back with the "same plane"-colleague... to the same hotel :) Fortunately it turned out that he does not have the same room as I do :) And now, turning the room's stereo to 11 listening to The Dear Hunter, there's nothing else to do but wait for sleep!

M

Nincsenek megjegyzések: