hétfő, január 08, 2007

The weights of the world seem lighter...

...after such a great morning trip. I think today on the BUD-MUC leg our flight took a route slightly to the South compared to the usual, and thus I had great view on the Alps! There were only very light clounds, the sun was shining, the top of the mountains was covered with snow... The fog/clouds was trapped in some of the valleys, and in a turn of one river the fog was just trapped over the water and flowing with it... Amazing sights! I wish I had the equipment to make good photos of this kind of stuff! (Of course I did not even try this time with my camera...The results would have been too much of a letdown :) ) On the second leg from MUC to TXL the weather was very cloudy, not offering much to look at, and I was too occupied with solving the Sudoku in my USA Today newspaper anyhow. There was also an article about the new "No Child Is Left Behind" educational program, and it's criticism: kids have to do to much math and reading, and even have to write tests! Well, when I was in primary school, tests were quite usual, and I guess they payed enough attention to how well us kids individually improved. If I remember correctly. Strangely enough, the Hungarian primary school system is changing currently to put less emphasis on tests. As if the praised (by us :) )European education model would get substituted with the American one, and vica versa. Interesting.
So well, I woke up tired but smiling, and the day started fine. This is going to be a nice week, in spite of the rain, I'm sure :)
BTW the week has a basketball game and a Dali exhibition in store for me, I hope I can visit both! But I will definitely blog on those...

Well, time to work :)
M.

1 megjegyzés:

Névtelen írta...

I always thought Americans were behind the rest of the world when it came to education!